Monday, September 22, 2008

You should always keep in touch with your friends

Herr Komandante Brooks was crackin the whip tonight on the lack of blog posts from some of us, so I thought I'd better slip a quick one in before bed tonight (wayhey!)... Me and the wife (and Neck and his bird) went to see the Wedding Present in San Francisco tonight. I'm a big fan of a lot of their stuff (at least up to Bizarro) but this show was pretty boring. I'd describe the crowd as small but enthusiastic, and the average age was pretty old (even by my decrepit standards...). They didn't play nearly enough old stuff: they seemed to be saving most of the hits (eg Brassneck, Why Are You Being So Reasonable Now? etc) for the encore, but we left before then. I had to come home and watch some old footage on Youtube as a palate cleanser. As the missus pointed out, this is one band that might have been better left as a pleasant memory from the past. Oh well, you can't win em all... here's an oldie for ya:



No comments: