Monday, November 3, 2008

I Was Born To Preach The Gospel..


I'm always behind the times with music, bleating about my amazing new finds months after everyone else is already all over it. This time I am DECADES behind the times! When the Marked Men blew through town Jeff bought a record by Washington Phillips who was an old Christian bluesman from the 20's. I'd never heard of him, then when the Marked Men came back around Jeff brought a cd for me of the great man. I have been transfixed ever since, super lo-fi scratchy blues played on some weird mini piano.... Mississippi records in Portland just release a limited LP which is beautiful and has a ton of great tunes. Its about time we had some nice music to offset all this terrible Black Metal.

Heres my fave song of his...
I Was Born To Preach The Gospel.

No comments: