Wednesday, December 3, 2008

For Those About To Rock.....

We salute you.... I turned 36 yesterday and got to see ACDC for the second time (and probably last) in my life. To yanks, they are a middle of the road hard rock band, to Brits they were the ultimate metal band who you proudly stitched on the back of your cut off denim alongside Sabbath and Maiden . They also happen to be my favorite band of all time...much to people's surprise. Music was a bit of an enigman when I was a nipper, growing up in the wastelands of Cornwall all I heard was what was coming out of the radio in the top 40 and me old man's and old dear's LPs (I still like Dylan and Cat Stevens to this day). When I was 9 and my brother 11 he came bag from 'big school' with a copy of Back In Black. I can remember us both sitting in front of the record player listening to the chimes of the bells on Hells Bells... the the guitars? fuck. From that moment we both knew nothing would ever be the same. They were great last night, a little old and creaky but still hammering, they played too many new songs and the bar shut waaaay to early. But it was fuckin' ACDC man. Not quite the same without my bro' next to me, but me and the missus had a blast. This one's for you our kid...

No comments: