Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Sweet Baby Jesus





When I was a nipper living the darkest reaches of Cornwall I used to read Maximumrocknroll magazine religiously and just wish I was a part of the East Bay scene circa 87/88 - Operation Ivy, Isocracy, Rabid Lassie, Crimpshrine, Sweet Baby Jesus... it was such a vibrant scene and so different from the UK punk I was used to. Time moves on, people change. I am in the Bay Area now, but Gilman Street is a different place and I am a different person. I had a forgotten how good this shit was until some local bike heads posted some East Bay stuff on their blog Mash. The kid in the pic is Garrett (who is no longer a kid) who was lucky enough to be part of the scene back in the day. We did a little reminicing and pulled a track out to use in a video we are putting together of Garrett riding his bike. I'd forgotten what an amazingly tight powerpop band Sweet Baby Jesus were...
Sweet Baby Jesus - Pathetic

check this video of the singer now....

No comments: