Monday, March 16, 2009

Rectify

... When I was a kid, I wrote to every hardcore band in the UK...it's just what you did! I became friends with some of those folks... one of whom was Pig from the band Rectify. They used to be Classified Protest who were one of the unsung heroes of UK punk.... they never made it much further than a couple of tracks on comps and a handfull of demos, which is a shame as I loved them. Me and my friends went to stay with the singer Pig in the valleys of Wales... I was 15 and the tribalism of the place blew my mind. The night ended with Pig biting the nose of some kid from the nexy valley for bullying local kids and telling him 'the lock is on'... mental. I love Classified Protest and Rectify. Punk on Postcards just upped the Rectify split with Bazzy & The Budgies who are pretty shit.... the Recfiy side kills........

Rectify

No comments: