Thursday, June 10, 2010

M.I.A Stikes Back

Love or hate her music, or politics for that matter, M.I.A. (Maya Arulpragasam) is well versed in the art of controversy starting. And to her credit, it keeps her top of mind in the music world.

Well, not to be outdone, after a very unflattering NY times article by Lynn Hirschberg. M.I.A. jumped into action. First by tweeting Hirschberg's cell phone number:

917.834.3158 CALL ME IF YOU WANNA TALK TO ME ABOUT THE N Y T TRUTH ISSUE, ill b taking calls all day bitches ;)

But it didn't stop there. Apparently Maya, the budding conspiracy theorist, secretly recorded the interview with Hirschberg to prove she was misquoted. It was posted on the NEET blog along with a new song, "I'm A Singer (Haters)":



There are also some great OpEd pieces here and here. As a side bar, Decembersists' Colin Meloy tweeted the following about M.I.A.:

M.I.A., the Glenn Beck of the left.

No comments: